Kitchens = The Heart of the Home!
Kitchens are also a huge factor for buyers. Colors and textures come and go, but here are some tips you can use to create a timeless kitchen design that will never go out of style.
- Open Concept: No one wants to be cooped up in a small closed-in kitchen! Open walls, bar tops, pass thru’s, islands that separate the kitchen from the living area, are all fantastic ways to accomplish an open layout, even if you’re remodeling an older home that was once partitioned off. Open concept floor plans are great for entertaining as well as being able to spend more quality family time.
- Lighting: Natural light is a must. If you have a solid exterior door, consider switching it out to a glass door that lets the light flood in. If you have windows, use light and airy window treatments to highlight the space. Make sure to include plenty of ambient lighting for the evenings. Island or pendant lights are a great way to make a statement and create ambiance as well.
- Storage: You can never have too much! When designing a kitchen, make sure to include a good kitchen designer that knows the tricks of the trade and include plenty of different sizes and shapes to accommodate all of your kitchen accessories.
- Deep Sinks: Shallow sinks stink lol! Make sure to include a wide and deep sink in your kitchen design. If you have a larger kitchen, adding a second prep sink is also a fantastic idea, and will encourage helpers to assist you, since they won’t feel like they will be in your way.
- Countertop and Backsplashes: If you stay neutral with the design of the countertop and backsplash, you can easily switch out countertop accessories, colors, rugs, towels, etc. for a fresh new look without having to spend big bucks on high end finishes! Include these tips on your next renovation project, and relish in the compliments you’ll receive from your buyers!